The Mitchell Opera House will be hosting a Live Talent Showcase series that will end with a final showcase and a grand prize of $1,000! The Mitchell Opera House Live Talent Showcase is open to local members of the community of all ages, residing in Crawford, Greene, Jackson, Martin, Monroe, Lawrence, Orange, and Washington counties. This contest is for amateurs, not those who are performing professionally and is an opportunity to showcase your talent to the community and to also have a chance at a $1,000 grand prize! The contest will include 4 preliminary showcases on the following dates: April 5th, June 1st, August 17th, and October 19th at 7:00 p.m. Two finalists will be selected from each showcase and will get to perform at the final showcase on December 14th at 7:00 p.m. for the opportunity to win the grand prize! We are still accepting applications for the final 2 showcases!
To enter the contest for a chance to participate in the live showcase, contestants must complete an application and send in no more than a 2 minute video recording of their talent. Recordings can be accepted in the following formats: wma, mpg, flv, avi, mp4, wmv, webm, 3gp, 3g2, mpg2, mp2, mpg4, mov. Contestants can enter as an individual or with a group. Approximately 8-10 contestants will be chosen for each of the four showcases. When applying for the contest, the contestant is applying for the opportunity to participate in any one of the four showcases. All acts must be family friendly and appropriate for all ages.
Talents can include, but are not limited to the following:
- Music (singing, instrumental, etc.) – Choirs and large groups welcome but bands are not allowed due to changeover between contestants.
- Other talents that you would like to showcase!
If selected to participate in a live showcase, performances will be limited to a maximum of 10 minutes each.
- Deadline to enter the contest is: July 29th at 5:00 p.m.
All applications must be submitted online and can be done by visiting:
- Contestants are only eligible to participate in one of the four showcases for the chance to participate in the final showcase.
- No talents that use water are allowed.
- No smoke machines allowed.
- No flammable liquids or any open flames (candles, etc.) are allowed in the facility.
- No bands allowed, but choirs or singing groups are welcome.
- Must be local and currently reside in one of the following counties: Crawford, Greene, Jackson, Martin, Monroe, Lawrence, Orange, and Washington counties.
- All ages welcome, including youth. Must be at least 12 years old to participate.
- Amateurs only please, not those who perform professionally in any capacity.
- Contestants will not be able to use the Opera House projection screen for any part of their show.
There is no cost to participate in the showcase!